Sunday, November 01, 2009

That's My Kid

It was a dark and stormy night... OK, not really, it was a mildly sunny afternoon, but that doesn't sound quite as spooky. It was another afternoon in the hospital and away from my family... Granted, I have Lucas with me, but he's been doing his own thing, you know, growing and all.

Getting to see my family is definitely the highlight of each day for me, and yesterday was no exception. The first few visits were kind of rough. Zoe had no idea what was going on or why mommy wasn't home with her. The first room I was in was full of monitoring equipment, which clearly looked fun to play with, much to Robb's dismay. My new room however, has less dangerous stuff for her and more room to run around my bed and climb on me. A definite plus.

While yesterday's visit was kind of a zoo... literally, it was so much fun. It was Halloween and I was bummed I was going to miss out on trick-or-treating with them. Plus, it's not like I'm going to WANT to be a large round pumpkin next year when I'm NOT pregnant... *Sigh*

Zoe was dressed as an adorable, sweet little autumn butterfly. She LOVES butterflies and even has a 'friend' butterfly that comes to play with her in the yard. No joking. She's our little butterfly whisperer. There she was, looking all sweet and pure, until she saw it... OMG, what IS that awesome toy mom's been hiding? Yup, it was none other than a remote control zombie... complete with brains. Keep in mind, the 'brain' is the remote control... Zoe would turn it on, let it loose, then hurl the brains across the room and squeal in delight. She would them retrieve the brains, and repeat... See:



Being a zombie lover myself (yes, I heart zombies), I couldn't help but feel a sense of pride that my twisted love for the undead has been passed on genetically to my daughter. That's my kid!

The surrealism of the afternoon continued as our friends Nathan, Christine and Auggie also came by to visit, dressed in safari gear with Auggie the lion. They were all too cute! (Pics of them will have to come later, I only have a few pics that Robb emailed me last night for now). Mom and Robb were also there of course, but the real star of the day was my uncle Barry, who dressed as Elmo much to the delight of every child he passed! I think by the end of the day he was giving out autographs and scheduling interviews, hahaha.

I was sad such a fun visit had to end, but there was some serious trick-or-treating to be done and I certainly didn't want to stand in the way of the candy harvesting!.. And so they were off to raid the neighborhood of it's confections...


Even the cat got in on the festivities...

After the neighborhood stores had been looted, the family retreated home to give a little back to the community, so to speak... I'm not sure if it's because it was a Saturday, or if having our front porch more festively decorated made a difference, but apparently we had a TON of trick-or-treaters this year. Actually went through all the candy we had bought for a change... I'm glad it could be such a special day for them...

Me, I took delight in the time we had here, the awesome pics Robb kept emailing me and the REAL clothes I was finally able to put on. Awesomely comfy new stylin' black PJs and a pedicure were just what the doctor ordered... really, it's on my chart ;)

Hope everyone else had a fun and safe Halloween too!

No comments: