Thursday, November 12, 2009

And the winner is...

Turns out it's a good thing they let me come home because some of my ideas would definitely not have worked in that room! For the moment, the nursery is actually my room since I'm not allowed to do stairs... which means I've been spending A LOT of time looking at those walls.

It's a decidedly smaller room than Zoe's and as much as I LOVE the idea of the green and chocolate color combo, those colors will be WAAAAAY to overpowering all over the walls. It will make the room feel even smaller and that's not what we want. Yet I still really want to use those colors and keep my jungle theme.... sooooooooo...

Behold, the winning design solution:


It's perfect, I get my colors, my mural and I won't turn my son's room into a tiny cube that will leave us all feeling claustrophobic. We're not going to paint the main walls white like they are in the sample pics, we're going to leave them the 'Haze' color they are now, which personally, I think will work better. We're also going to do different curtains and stick with the wooden blinds, which I think will look awesome. I LOVE the rug in the sample room and I actually found it, but damn, it's expensive!... Ouch!... Still trying to wrap my head around that decision.

I can hardly wait to get started :)


3 comments:

Faith said...

Hey! Your post showed as upated on my roll! :D

I love that mural. And the ugly doll in the picture, but I know that's just an accessory, so I'll let it go. (WANT!) And carpets are just expensive. It's weird how they can cost so much! I tend to buy mine from the sale section in Pottery Barn, but even then, it takes me a while to pay them off. They last for YEARS, though. If that makes ya fee any better.

Layla said...

Yay!... Glad my blog update showed up :)

The ugly doll is pretty awesome. We got one for Zoe when she was born, wait, make that two, so I'm sure we'll get at least one version for Lucas.

The rug is still buggin me though... We can get a 2' x 3' for only $75, which is totally doable. Definitely cheaper than carpet, but I'm worried that will be too small... The problem, the next size , 3'3" x 5'3" is $215!... even worse, the 5' x 8' jumps to $500!! That's just insane!

I'll definitely have to get tips from you on painting straight, non-bleedy lines too :)

Faith said...

Ooh, I found bigger rugs at Target over the weekend, so I don't know if you've looked there lately. The designs they had in store didn't appeal to me, but they had 6'6" x 10' rugs for $250. Not joking. Looking online, they have 8' x 11' for $286. Free shipping, since it's over $50. Holy hell...I didn't know they had rugs this big there! ::runs to look at more rugs::