Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day 'Gift'

It was the end of the perfect Mother's Day... Robb had gotten up early to help with Zoe and give me my present (an awesome framed picture of our baby girl) and this was of course after he stayed up the night before cleaning! We spent the morning together as a family, something I'm sad to say we just don't get enough of with Robb working nights... My mother and uncles, Barry and Dale, came over and we had a really nice afternoon on the back deck watching Zoe run around in the gardening hat they got me. It was beyond adorable as you can see. [See more pics here]

Eventually, Zoe took her afternoon nap (How I miss those days when I could do the same)... But it did allow my mother and I to get caught up and rest a bit ourselves. Much to my delight and surprise, Zoe even woke up in an amazing mood! (She's usually a bit cranky when she first wakes up... hmm, wonder where she could have gotten that from? *wink*...)

Then the three generations went out into the garden where we planted sunflowers for my grandmother who passed away last year. Now that we have a garden, it seemed only fitting to plant her favorite flowers in her memory. It was a really special moment... Made all the more special of course when Zoe kept trying to drink from the watering can. It was quite a sight... Although I have to say I'm proud that she poured more water on the ground than she did into her mouth.

I made us all a nice dinner (Sans Lemonup), while Zoe and my mom continued to play and watch Little Bear. I love watching the two of them together... The adoration they both have for each other is such a joy to see. Robb joined us for dinner and our wonderful Mother's Day was coming to a close. It was almost time to put my sweet angel to bed and I would have some much needed quiet time. I started her bath and Robb headed back to work after dropping mom off. It was just the two of us and I couldn't be happier. She was in a great mood and I had her all to myself!...

... And then it happened. She gave me my Mother's Day 'gift'... One she had clearly been saving up for me for a while. In between splashes, she started to make this grunting noise and just as I asked her what she was doing, there it was... A poop nugget floated to the surface of the water like a land mine tossed out to sea! "ZOE!!" I gasped... Not mad, just in shock and of course, disgust!... She then proceeded to stand up only to reveal the MOUND of poop balls neatly settled at the bottle of the tub. Nine of them (yes, I counted in disbelief at the sheer volume of them!)...

Needless to say, her bath and bedtime ritual were cut short. I had her dry and in a diaper faster than you could say diaper and was plopping her into her crib (under protest of course)... I then proceeded to spend my quiet evening time cleaning poop out of the tub. Ahhh, the magic of children. They really know how to say "I love you mom... Happy Mother's Day... I made this just for you"... *sigh*...

No comments: