Saturday, May 09, 2009

The inspiration...

OK, so I've been thinking about starting a blog for a while now. After all, I love to write and let's face it, having a 19 month old daughter certainly gives me a lot to write about... But where to begin?... And then it happened, just like that... over dinner one night, Lemonup was born.

This dinner really wasn't different from most other nights. Zoe was being her usual fussy self and didn't want to eat what she loved just a week ago (Fish sticks, tater tots and corn. What kid doesn't love that??... Not to mention the ketchup, lots and lots of ketchup). I had read one of those helpful articles on "how to get your fussy toddler to eat" which stated emphatically, "Everything tastes better with Ketchup!"... And so, like many hopeful moms, I crossed my fingers and squirted more ketchup on the plate. Unfortunately, ketchup was about the only this she WAS eating. Then she spotted the glass of pink lemonade my husband was drinking and she HAD to have some. Not just some in a sippy cup mind you, her very own glass... After all, she'd been practicing and "she's a big girl now". Hoping to have at least 5 minutes where I might actually be able to eat some of my dinner, I gave her her own glass of pink lemonade... which she decided of course, 'would be better with ketchup'.

My husband and I gave each other the look. You know, the one that pretty much says, oh dear god... and yet it's so cute. We thought for sure that would be the end of it, she'd take a sip, spit it out and hopefully go back to trying some food. But no, she actually liked it!... So we've dubbed her new found drink 'Lemonup'. Of course, if we named it after the myriad of other things that eventually wen in there, this blog would probably be called "LemonLimeup sticks". Thankfully, she agreed the fish sticks did not improve the taste!...

And so my blog was born. Unfortunately the unhyphenated version was already taken for the url by a woman in Brazil that apparently doesn't actually blog (quite annoying!), but the logo and name were already created and I wasn't about to change it over a silly thing like it being taken.

No comments: