Thursday, January 07, 2010

Food Issues

I am having some serious food issues today... Being nearly 9 months pregnant now, I am ALL about the food these days. Thoughts of it probably occupy a good 75% of my waking hours and at least 40% of my non-waking hours... It's also become quite obvious that my son is all about the food too. He practically does barrel rolls every time I eat, which let me tell you, as he gets bigger is getting quite painful, so stop that, you hear?!

It also seems like, today especially, what I want to eat I don't have and what I do have, I don't want to eat.... It's getting quite frustrating, damn it. Especially living here in the midwest when I'm used to living in NY and having whatever I want delivered in 20 minutes or less just by picking up the phone. Ice cream sundae at 2am, not a problem... Waffles with scrambled eggs and bacon at 8pm, not a problem. Can't get it delivered (ha!) or don't want to wait, I could throw a rock and hit a store that probably had what I wanted.... Ugggh, I miss that!!

I just finished lunch and have to say it was quite unsatisfying... during my first trimester, when I was lucky to keep ANYTHING down, I practically lived on this microwaveable Thai Ginger soup. That was about the only thing I could eat... Then suddenly, one day the thought of it alone was enough to make me toss it... Apparently one got left in my office and I thought I'd give it a go since it's been months..... Not so much. Let's just say when you're craving scrambled eggs and cheese with bacon on a kaiser... microwavable Thai Ginger soup is not a good substitute.

We are going to get Pizza 51 for dinner tonight, which has me all giddy... I've been craving it a lot lately and it's the closest thing to NY style pizza I've been able to find out here (you hear that Da Bronx?!)... but damn it, I want bacon and I want it now.

No comments: